Departmental Philosophical Statements
- John 1:1-3, 2Timothy 3:16-17 The Word is fundamental to all that is taught in the Languages to develop competence.
- 1Corinthians 13 Love is key in all engagements for success.
- Titus 2:1 We teach what is in accord with sound doctrine.
- Proverbs 18:21, 20:11, Ephesians 4:29, Philippians 4:8 Language used is wholesome for building up and not destroying.
- 2Timothy 2:12, Titus 2:7-8 The department will be exemplary in all aspects of teaching raising students who are models in the manner they conduct themselves.
- Proverbs 6:11, 13:4, 22:6 We train students to be diligent in all undertakings.
- Exodus 20, Deuteronomy 6:4-9 We uphold heritage as vital for transmitting values.
- Hebrews 11:1, 6, Matthew 28:19-20 We mature in an abiding faith that weshare with others.
1. Romans 13:8-10 To develop a morality and integrity inspired by love.
2. Genesis 2:15 Man has dominion over the earth and students learn of the great responsibility of nurturing it.
3. Matthew 28: 18-20 We will be ambassadors and stewards of God’s kingdom.
4. Proverbs 18:2 Choices and Actions have consequences.
5. Romans 13:1-7, Psalm 103:19-22 We submit to the authority of God and earthly leaders as established by God himself and the governing authority.
6. John 8:32 All truth originates with God.
7. Isaiah 1:17 In all we do, we seek to bring justice.
8. Proverbs 11:14, 15:22 We seek sound advice from multiple sources as it brings victory.
- Matthew 13:1-9, 25:14-30 We aim to impart stewardship as a characteristic of becoming wholesome entrepreneurs.
- Acts 5:1 Integrity is fundamental in our entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Malachi 3:1 We remember God is the one who has blessed us with everything by faithfully tithing when our business ventures do well.
- Psalm 67:6 We impart an attitude of gratitude.
- Ephesians 5:21-23, 6:1-9 We recognize order as an attribute of God. Christ is above all else. God is the God of order.
- Matthew 28:19-20 We follow our purpose in Christ which is the great commission whilst conducting our business activities.
- Proverbs 11:3 We uphold honesty in our business conduct.
Genesis 1:1 As Science Department our philosophy is derived from the fact that God in the beginning created everything; so, ours is to just discover God’s creation and creativity.
- 1 Corinthians 2:16 Creativity: Students are to have the God-kind of creativity.
- Proverbs 6:6-8 Diligence: We should have Christ-like diligence.
- Hebrews 12:2 Endurance: We should persevere just as Christ did not give up even in the face of death.
- Proverbs 11:1 Revelation 22:18-19 Accuracy: All should do everything to the required level of accuracy as encouraged in the word.
- Genesis 2:15 Conservation: We should be cognizant of the God ordained role and be stewards of the environment.
- 1 Corinthians 14:40 Orderliness: All should be organised, everything should be done decently and in order.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Gratitude: We should be grateful in all situations.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 1 Timothy 4:8 Physical well-being: All should take proper care of their bodies (smartness, exercise, eating healthy) since their bodies are the temple of Christ.
- Leviticus 23:4 Punctuality: Everything should be done in a timely manner.